Forever Remembering Our Veterans
At Broadway Gallery, Veterans Day is incredibly important to us and is deeply rooted in our family history. My father, Cary L. “Doc” Broadway, served in the Air Force during from 1956-1979. He was an F4 fighter pilot in Vietnam and was awarded the silver star for a bombing mission on the refineries outside Hanoi. We are honored by all the men and women who serve and sacrifice their lives so we can enjoy the freedoms we enjoy each day.
I also served in the Air National Guard from 1981 through 1987, and can’t think of a better way to honor Veterans, both in and outside of my family, than preserving their service with a shadowbox displaying items that represent their honor and sacrifice. It’s a small but thoughtful way to show appreciation for all they have done and continue to do for this country, and perfect gift for the Veteran in your life. A Veteran is one for life and their service should be remembered forever. Come into the gallery and mention this Veteran’s Day post before December 1st and receive 20% off your custom framed shadowbox!
Here are a few other ways you can honor Veterans today and every day.
Visit Memorials in DC
- On Veteran’s Day, you can pay tribute to the US military by attending the wreath laying ceremony at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC.
- Arlington National Cemetery is the country’s largest military cemetery and has laid to rest veterans from every major war this country has fought. The cemetery is open year-round. You can go here to learn more about visiting this national monument.
There are so many organizations that exist solely to support Veterans services, both during and after they have served, and many ways you can give back to our heroes. Here are just a few of our favorite organizations:
- USO. The USO is an organization that keeps service members connected to the people and places they love. They deliver support to service members stationed abroad who are training in isolated locations or on missions in remote parts of the world. Through expeditionary outreach support – including care packages, snacks, holiday celebration items and internet services provided throughout challenging deployments – they ensure service members stay connected to the people and places they love.
- Soldiers’ Angels has programs to support military families, deployed service members, wounded heroes, and veterans of all eras.
- Operation Gratitude sends thousands of care packages from snacks, hygiene products, entertainment, handmade items, and personal letters of support to those who serve.
Take a moment to remember those who continue to preserve our liberties by serving our country. And on behalf of everyone Broadway Gallery, we’d like to thank our Veterans of the past, present, and future.